Today has definitely been better. We started the day with a few shy smiles from a cute little one (see pic of Lia in PJ's). Then we made a trip with our group over to the Civil Affairs office to make the China side of the adoption final.We had an "interview" by a government official and had our thumbprint and Lia's footprint seal the deal. We also had our official family picture made - little did they know that Jackson was missing from it but we will get that taken care of as soon as we are back home and all together. Lia was such a good girl during all of this. It was really hot and I know she was hungry but she was quite the trooper. After that we went to Walmart. It's huge - several floors and we saw some interesting stuff, but overall it was a lot like Walmart at home. We are enjoying our time getting to know our girl. She actually laughs a lot and has a really sweet smile. She is very ticklish and also is so active. She rolls and flops around so effortlessly - and is so flexible. She nearly does a split when she goes from lying down to sitting. It is so interesting to just watch her. And she also picks up toys with her toes when she is lying down and just flips them up to her hands. We are definitely going to get her into a gymnastics class when she is a little older. For lunch today Chris and I ate peanut butter sandwiches and found that to be total bliss. The thing (food-wise) we miss the most here is cold milk. Can't get it. At all. We also got some Doritos and Oreos from Walmart. Actually while shopping Chris found them and put them in the cart. I didn't even give him a hard time about buying junk food but was kind of excited. He of course finished off the Doritos before I could get to them which was fine, but we both got the Oreos. :) We have 2 more full days in Changsha and then we leave for Guangzhou on Friday. We are counting down and praying time flies by. We do have a couple of things planned for tomorrow. Apparently there is supposed to be an eclipse in the morning and we are going to a local park to see it and then to a silk factory where one lady does embroidery. Should be interesting. By the way, I am washing bottles and eating utensils in the bathroom sink and have washed clothes in the sink as well. Lia also plays in the crib with no crib bumper and enjoys hanging her feet through the crib slats. I write all of this to say that many of my germ-freak and safety standards have just had to be let go. Maybe that's not such a bad thing? I have no choice anyway. We have been playing with Lia's photo book that has pictures of Jackson and Adi in it. Today she just rubbed the picture of Jackson when we first showed it to her and that was followed by lots of giggles. He does the same with her pictures so hopefully those are good signs. :) Enjoy the pics! |
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Maybe she likes us a little?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! So wonderful to read this post and see that you are thru that official step in China! She is so beautiful...and flexible! I love that she loves the photo book and Jackson's photo especially! I have to say when I read you went shopping in WMT I did a double-take! WHO KNEW! Glad you got some quality American staples in you like PB, Doritos, and Oreos - a fun treat! Love to all of you and I'll be praying for these next few days to pass joyfully and quickly! Love, Jessica
ReplyDelete