Friday, July 24, 2009

The rest of the post from Day 8?

I don't think that most of the long post I wrote today made it onto the blog and since I can't see it I can't be sure. But there was a lot more I wanted to say ....
 
Going to this village of rice farmers out in the country was a great experience and I'm so glad we were able to make such a trip. Although Lia was most likely born about 2 hours from where we were, the area is very much like the one where her birth parents are from. Having seen and experienced a little bit of that history was very special to us and the pictures we have from today will be very special to her one day as well. We are so glad we were able to make the trip.
 
We have completed all of the paperwork from the China side of the adoption. The birth certificate will be picked up today, which is the last piece we need from Hunan. We will board a plane tomorrow for Guangzhou and although we are ready to get to the next step of our trip there will be a little emotion knowing we are leaving our daughter's birthplace. This area will always be very special to us in many ways. It will always be a part of her and will now be a part of our family as well. We've enjoyed experiencing the food and the culture here and are grateful we have been given this beautiful little gift from Hunan!

But we are anxious to move on. We're getting cabin fever here and in Guangzhou we will be able to venture out more. We'll also be a day closer to home.
That is a very good thing!

Hope you enjoy all the pictures from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment