Monday, July 20, 2009

Greeting from China

Here she is ... Lia Caroline
 
A rough start trying to figure out how to feed her.  She ate fried noodles, congee and steamed eggs last night.  Not exactly what Jackson eats but we are figuring it out.  Hopefully over the next fews days she will warm up to us as well.  A little bit of a rough start but she slept good last night and day two has started out on a good note.
 
She is so much smaller than Jackson.  Almost seems fragile.  She moves around so much better than Jackson.  She flips around in her crib and rolls all over the place.  I think she might be a little fireball. 
 
We have lots to learn and some catching up to do with her.  I think she is pretty much like "who the heck are you two" right now.  To be honest a little harder than I thought but we are making some progress and it is only day two.  Wish us luck.
 
As far as China goes, incredible country.  It is very pretty outside the cities.  The traffic is insane and riding in taxis is the craziest thing I have ever seen.  They are worse than anything I have ever experienced.  Kinda fun though.  I have figured out that traffic lanes are just suggestions.  Sometimes there are 3 cars in two lanes.  Very interesting. 
 
So far the food has been good.  I have not tried anything crazy yet.  They eat every part of every animal.  We are in a pretty nice hotel and the buffee last night had ostrich tendons, snake, duck feet, curddled pig blood, shark.  More than I can do at this point.  We are in Hunan now and they like really spicy food too.  Pretty good to be honest.
 
Well time to get on with the day.  Take care back home.
 
Chris
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great update CB! So happy for you guys! We're all so excited to see you guys and meet you in person! Hugs to her and Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of love- just enjoy she will adjust! You are great parents!

    ReplyDelete